Ballpark Nerd Rank: 30
Opened: 1998 Capacity: 25,025
- Lower Box sections 123-128
- Press Level sections 203-224
- Upper Level sections 300-312
Getting to the Park
Ballpark Nerd recommends staying in downtown St. Petersburg and walking to Tropicana Field. Most fans drive, the Rays provide an extensive parking map and free shuttle to the ballpark from some lots.
- The walkway to the main entrance features a 900 ft. underwater tile mosaic.
- Some of the catwalks above the playing field are in play due to the unique slanted roof.
- The Ted Williams Museum and Hitters Hall of Fame was moved to Tropicana Field in 2006. It chronicles Ted Williams’s life both on and off the field, Williams settled in the Tampa area in his later years.
- Golden Seat in RF = Wade Boggs 3,000 hit, a home run.
- Cuesta-Rey Cigar Bar located in center field.
- Dome is illuminated in orange after a Rays win.
- 4 lb. Fan Burger and lb. Fries challenge
- Cuban Sandwich
- Everglades Brewhouse & BBQ
For the Kids
- Mascot – Raymond the Seadog
- Tropicana Field offers numerous kid friendly activities throughout the main concourse include HR Derby, Rays Touch Tank, Coaches Corner and make your own Baseball card.
- Sunday is Family Fun Day. Features include free parking for cars with four or more passengers, Kids Run the Bases and DJ Kitty Kid’s Party.
- Children two years of age and younger do not require a ticket.
- At Gate 3 Guest Services the Rays offer parents wristbands for their children indicating section, row and seat number.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 St. Petersburg Attractions:
- The Dali Museum
- Freefall Theatre
- Chihuly Collection
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Florida Holocaust Museum
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ St. Petersburg page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – Sunken Gardens
Road Trip Directions