Ballpark Nerd Rank: 14
Opened: 2004 Capacity: 41,164
Schedule and Promotions
Seating Chart, Ticket Prices & Ballpark Nerd Recommendations
- Field Box Infield sections 107-114
- Toyota Terrace Infield sections 205-209
- Upper Box & Reserved Infield 300-312
Getting to the Park
Address: 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
Ballpark Nerd recommends staying in the Gaslamp District and walking to Petco. Trolley, COASTER from North County, Bus and Ferry are public transit alternatives.
- The Park at the Park is a grassy berm sloping above the outfield fence and is open during games, allowing fans to sit and watch games for $10. A unique feature that supports the “America’s Finest City” theme.
- A 10-foot statue honors Tony Gwynn aka Mr. Padre.
- A beach-themed group space was added to Petco Park for the 2016 season. This forced the Padres to relocate the sandbox that was previously adjacent to the CF fence.
- The Western Metal Supply Building is a hundred-year old brick structure that was scheduled for demolition to make way for Petco Park. Instead it was saved an incorporated into the Ballparks LF design.
- The Padres Hall of Fame honors Padre players, executives and announcers.
- The Mercado Food court near section 108 offers my personal favorite, Fish Tacos.
- During my sole visit in 2006 I am sorry I missed the Baked Bear Ice Cream sandwich – ice cream wedged between two cookies of your choosing, located near section 104.
- Phil’s BBQ is a San Diego institution and can be found on the Field level section 114.
For the Kids
- Mascot – The Swinging Friar
- Children under 36 inches are admitted free to Petco Park.
- Security Wristbands are available for children with seat location and contact information.
- Compadres Kids is free for fans 14 and younger and includes access to Sunday events. Members can have a catch on the field, run the bases and giveaways.
- The Park at the Park is a park in Petco Park. Located outside the outfield wall, the Park at the Park includes a little league infield diamond and area to sprawl out for a picnic. Fans can watch the game on an outdoor LED video board.
- Petco Park also offers a sandbox for young fans to enjoy. Previously behind the centerfield fence was relocated to the Park in the Park for the 2016 season.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 San Diego Attractions:
- USS Midway Museum
- San Diego Zoo
- Balboa Park
- La Jolla Cove
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ San Diego page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – Sunset Cliffs Natural Park
Road Trip Directions
- 95 miles to Angel Stadium
- 125 miles to Dodger Stadium
- 355 miles to Chase Field