Ballpark Nerd Rank: 3
Opened: 2010 Capacity: 39,021
- Home Plate Boxes sections 108-120
- Home Plate Terrace sections 208-222
- Home Plate View sections 316-322
Getting to the Park
Address: 1 Twins Way, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Ballpark Nerd recommends stay in downtown Minneapolis and walking to Target Field Minneapolis is one of the cleanest and most convenient Major League cities. Public transit options include the Hiawatha Light Rail, Northstar Commuter Trail and Metro Transit Bus.
- The Target Plaza Walk and the Twins Tradition Wall outside Target Field offer fans a glimpse into the Twins vast history.
- Statues of Kirby Puckett, Rod Carew, Harmon Killebrew, and Tony Oliva welcome fans to Target Field.
- Twins original “Minnie and Paul” logo in center field.
- Minnesota limestone forms the mass of Target Field’s façade and RF overhang.
- Flagpole from the Twins first home in the Minneapolis, Metropolitan Stadium (1961-81).
- Wall Art honoring both Twins and Minnesota baseball history throughout Target Field.
- Party Deck and Club in LF includes a fire pit for those brisk Minneapolis evenings.
- Walleye (fish) with Fries
- Butcher & the Boar Rib tips
- Murray’s Steak Sandwich
For the Kids
- Mascot – TC the Bear
- The Twins offer free admission to children less than 30’’ provided they are accompanied by an adult (as if someone would drop their short child off at Target Field for the day).
- Every Sunday home game is Knothole Kids Day. Up to two kids (14 and younger) can receive $5 off select tickets. Postgame kids can run the bases.
- All Guest Service Centers have complimentary wristbands for children and adults. These are blank wristbands which can have seat location, phone number for guardian, etc. written on them, in order to facilitate reuniting a lost guest with their party.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Minneapolis Attractions:
- Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Extreme Sandbox
- Target Field
- Guthrie Theater
- Cathedral of St. Paul
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Minneapolis page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – The Mall of America in nearby Bloomington
Road Trip Directions