Ballpark Nerd Rank: 4
Opened: 1999 Capacity: 47,574
- Lower Box sections 119-141
- View Boxes & Reserved sections 318-342
Getting to the Park
Ballpark Nerd recommends finding the transit option that works for you. Seattle is a great city with numerous public transit options, how does taking a Ferry or Water taxi sound? The Mariners offer fans driving to Safeco traffic patterns and alerts to help reduce congestion.
- Safeco’s Home Plate Entrance includes a glass chandelier of 1,000 translucent bats.
- Art throughout Park is a collection of 43 paintings, prints and photographs throughout Safeco.
- The Mariners honored their long-time announcer Dave Niehaus with a statue located at Section 105.
- Safeco Field’s roof acts like an umbrella which covers the field leaving the outfield open.
- Mariners & Pacific Northwest Baseball Hall of Fame located from sections 135-141
- Dungeness Crab Sandwich – lemon aioli on garlic bread
- Sweet Iron Waffles – Belgian waffles
- Edgar’s Cantina and Edgar’s Tacos.
For the Kids
- Mascot – Mariner Moose
- Children two years of age and under do not require a ticket to attend a game at Safeco.
- The Seattle Children’s Hospital Playfield is located in Center Field on the Main Level. It features a playground, Moose’s Munchies concessions and wishing well.
- The 2017 Mariners Kids Club offers two, Free and MVP ($25). Both include ticket offers, a Birthday postcard and newsletters. The MVP package includes a Mariners hat, lunch bag, water bottle, bracelet and 6 $1 ticket vouchers for use at select games.
- Section 104 is designated as alcohol-fee.
- Located in Center Field on the Main Level at Section 191 the Moose Den provides younger fans an opportunity to meet the Mariner Moose throughout the game.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Seattle Attractions:
- Chihuly Garden and Glass
- The Museum of Flight
- Washington State Ferries
- Pike Place Market
- Safeco Field
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Seattle page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – Seattle Underground Walking Tour
Road Trip Directions