Ballpark Nerd Rank: 18
Opened: 2009 Capacity: 49,642
Schedule and Promotions
Seating Chart, Ticket Prices & Ballpark Nerd Recommendations
- Main Level sections 213-228
- Terrace Level sections 313-316 and 324-327
- Grandstand sections 412-428
Getting to the Park
Address: 1 E 161st St, Bronx, NY 10451
Ballpark Nerd recommends taking mass transit unless you absolutely have to drive. Yankee Stadium is served by the 4, B and D trains, MTA Metro-North and NYC Transit Bus.
- Heritage Field is located across the street from Yankee Stadium and is the former site of the original Yankee Stadium.
- An impressive and unique entrance, the Great Hall is lined with larger-than-life banners of Yankees legends and vaulted arches that allow natural light to shine through.
- The Yankees Museum features rotating exhibits of Yankee players, including Thurman Munson’s locker as well as seven World Series trophies, 870 baseballs autographed by Yankees on and off the field. Each of the Yankees winning eras have a display.
- Line up early for a chance to walk through Monument Park, located in CF, where Yankee greats are honored.
- The Yankees 27 World Series Championships are chronicled throughout main concourse.
- Lobel’s steak sandwich is prepared by a butcher at the ballpark.
- Chicken and Waffle sliders
- Garlic Fries served with mints on the side.
- Mighty Quinn’s BBQ
For the Kids
- Mascot – a team as clean cut and venerable as the New York Yankees are above having a mascot. However from 1979 to 1981 they did, the Yankee Dandy.
- The Yankees added the Sunrun Kids Clubhouse in 2017. The Clubhouse, located near Section 310, includes climbers, sliders and tunnels for families to enjoy.
- Children who are 3 years old and younger and less than 30 inches tall do not need a ticket.
- The Yankees Kids site offers a magazine subscription and summer camp information.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Bronx Attractions:
- New York Botanical Garden
- Yankee Stadium
- Bronx Zoo
- City Island
- Little Italy in the Bronx (Arthur Avenue)
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Bronx page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – Fordham University Church
Road Trip Directions
- 10 miles to Citi Field
- 105 miles to Citizens Bank Park
- 200 miles to Camden Yards
- 205 miles to Fenway Park
- 240 miles to Nationals Park