Ballpark Nerd Rank: 25
Opened: 1991 Capacity: 40,615
- Lower Box sections 116-118 & 146-148
- Upper Box sections 522-542
Getting to the Park
Address: 333 W 35th St, Chicago, IL 60616
Ballpark Nerd recommends taking Public transportation to the ballpark. Both Red (Sox/35th) and Green (35th/Bronzeville) lines serve the Ballpark. Bus and Metra options are also available.
- North Parking lot by Gate 5 includes home plate of Old Comiskey Park.
- Champions Plaza honors the 2005 World Series team.
- Grand Entrance with vaulted windows.
- White Sox sculptures include Minnie Minoso, Carlton Fisk, Charles Comiskey, Luis Aparicio, Nellie Fox, Billy Pierce, Harold Baines, Frank Thomas and Paul Konerko.
- Fan Deck includes center field concession stands and panoramic view of field.
- Exploding CF Scoreboard.
- Beggars Pizza – Chicago-style deep dish
- The Comiskey Dog – Vienna beef on poppy seed roll topped with yellow mustard, chopped onions, green relish, pickle spear, tomato chunks, peppers and salt.
- Elotes – corn off the cob with your choice of toppings, salt, butter, cayenne pepper, cheese and mayo.
For the Kids
- Mascot – Southpaw
- The White Sox offer young fans two Kids Club options, for $31 the All-Star membership includes a duffel bag, lunch box, water bottle, and 4 game tickets, while the free Slugger membership includes stickers, eye black and 2 game tickets.
- Guaranteed Rate Field offers complimentary admission to children under 36”.
- The Fundamentals area is devoted to young White Sox fans. It features a youth-sized wiffle ball diamond, batting and pitching cages, batting swing boxes and areas for base running and skills instruction. Located above the left-field concourse.
- Family Sundays, available for all Sunday home games, features tickets as low as $5 in the upper level and $15 in the lower level plus parking is available for only $10. There will also be special kid-focused activities throughout the concourse and the opportunity to run the bases after the game.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Chicago Attractions:
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Millennium Park
- Cloud Gate
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Walking Tours
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Chicago page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – The Field Museum
Road Trip Directions