Ballpark Nerd Rank: 22
Opened: 2000 Capacity: 41,574
- Field Box sections 105 & 106
- Dugout Box sections 122-126
- Terrace Deck Home Plate & Infield sections 311-328
Getting to the Park
Address: 501 Crawford St, Houston, TX 77002
Ballpark Nerd recommends staying in downtown Houston which in my opinion is underrated and taking the Metro Rail. Most fans drive and fight downtown traffic.
- The outdoor plaza includes pennants to commemorate Astros playoff and World Series appearances and includes statues of Astro greats Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio.
- Minute Maid Park was built around Houston’s Union Station and utilizes the former hub of rail transportation as the Ballpark’s primary entrance.
- The Minute Maid Park ornamental train runs along 800 feet of track atop the left-field wall.
- Crawford Boxes in LF offer a short porch for hitters and great view for fans.
- The Home Run Porch in left-center field chronicles Astro home run history.
- Chicken and Waffle Cone – fried chicken, mashed potatoes served in awaffle cone.
- Street Eats – Houston has an extensive food truck scene and some of its’ best fare, crawfish empanadas and brisket curly fries, are under one roof – Section 124.
- El Real Tex-Mex – Section 125
For the Kids
- Mascot – Orbit
- The 2017 Astros Buddies Program ($25) includes four tickets to a select Astros game, a backpack, socks, hat, and lanyard. Additional benefits include Buddies Baseball Clinic on the field and pregame parade.
- The Squeeze Play kid’s zone is an interactive entertainment center designed for young fans 3-12. Located at the Right Field entrance near Section 133. Young fans can test their pitching and hitting skills.
- Fans age 2 and under may be admitted to Astros games without a ticket.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Houston Attractions:
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Children’s Museum of Houston
- Houston Zoo
- Minute Maid Park
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Houston page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – Rice University Campus
Road Trip Directions
- 255 miles to Globe Life Park