Ballpark Nerd Rank: 8
Opened: 1962 Capacity: 56,000
- Field sections 26-33
- Loge sections 101-136
- Reserve sections 1-9
Getting to the Park
Ballpark Nerd recommends driving to Dodger Stadium, make pre or post game plans that justify paying for parking. Public transportation options include a free Metro Dodger Stadium Express with connections from Metro Rail and MTA Bus routes that drop fans off a short walk from the Ballpark.
- Dodgers Stadium is one of the few symmetrical playing fields and is the cleanest.
- The multi-colored seats theme is a throwback to the 1962 color scheme.
- Two of Dodger Stadium’s most distinct features are the wavy roof atop each outfield pavilion and the top of a 10-story elevator shaft bearing the Dodgers logo rising directly behind plate.
- The Dodgers vast history, in both Brooklyn and Los Angeles, is on display with the retired numbers of Pee Wee Reese, Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider, Tommy Lasorda, Walter Alston, Roy Campanella, Jim Gilliam, Don Sutton, Don Drysdale and Brooklyn’s own Sandy Koufax.
- Think Blue BBQ located in the Left Field Pavilion offers smoked BBQ deliciousness.
- You can find the Dodger’s famous Farmer John’s Dodger Dog throughout the park.
- The Elysian Park Grill serves up Kobe burgers topped with Gouda and can be found on the Reserve and Top Deck levels.
For the Kids
- Mascot – no official mascot
- The Dodgers Club is free and provides the opportunity to be featured as Jr. Dodger of the Game on Dodgervision, a chance to say “It’s Time for Dodger Baseball” and special birthday email.
- Children ages 8-14 can sign up to be a Dodgers Broadcaster.
- Children 3 and under can enter Dodger Stadium free of charge.
- The Dodgers offer discounts on tickets for fans ages 4-14 with the exception of 5 Star games. Child tickets are available on the Day of Game only.
- Kids ages 14 and under have the opportunity to run the bases after most Sunday day games.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Los Angeles Attractions:
- The Getty Center
- Griffith Observatory
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- California Science Center
- The Nethercutt Collection
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Los Angeles page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – La Brea Tar Pits and Museum
Road Trip Directions