Ballpark Nerd Rank: 10
Opened: 2017 Capacity: 41,500
- Terrace Infield sections 216-218 & 233-238
- Vista Infield sections 318-333
- Chop House Terrace sections 156-159
Getting to the Park
Address: 755 Battery Ave, Atlanta, GA 30339
If you are going to drive make sure you purchase your parking ahead of time. I walked from a nearby hotel in Smyrna. An Omni Hotel is in the works for fans who would like to stay in The Battery.
- The Braves Monument Garden, located behind home plate, honors the team’s history in Boston, Milwaukee and Atlanta.
- The Hope and Will Sandlot is one of the better kids play areas I’ve visited. Boardwalk style games, a zip line and rock wall are highlights.
- The three-level Chop House is an adult hangout located in Right Field that includes Terrace seating with a full bar and grill, the Chop House Desk and the Below the Chop private party venue.
The Braves cater to their Southern fan base. “Braves Country” consists of 6 states, each offering a signature concession.
- Georgia – Fox Brothers BBQ
- South Carolina – Pimento Cheese Patty Melt
- North Carolina – Smoked BBQ Sandwich
- Tennessee – Nashville Hot Chicken
- Mississippi – Blackened Catfish Po’ Boy Taco
- Alabama – Fried Tomahawk Pork Chop
For the Kids
- Mascot – Homer the Brave
- The Hope and Will Sandlot is a must stop for younger Braves fans.
- The 2017 Braves Kids Club memberships include a Dansby Swanson jersey, drawstring bag and VIP Access to the Sunday Kids Run the Bases for only $20.
- Children age two and under may be admitted to SunTrust Park without a ticket.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Atlanta Attractions:
- Georgia Aquarium
- Fox Theatre
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Center for Civil and Human Rights
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Atlanta page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – Piedmont Park
Road Trip Directions