As the MLB season comes to a close a highlight of September, regardless of where your team is in the standings, is the release of the following year’s schedule. While some teams jockey for playoff positions, others look ahead. Non-contenders sell their fans on the hopes of winning baseball in the future, for these teams the release of the 2017 schedule is the line of demarcation between the past and the future.
For a Ballpark Nerd like myself it’s time to tentatively plan my road trips. Next season I am going to try and attend 10 games, family and work responsibilities make it difficult to attend the 20+ game seasons of my youth. The decrease in trips to the ballpark is more than offset with the chance to share the experience with family and friends. This year the entire Harvey-Lorenzo Family is headed to Pittsburgh for a game at PNC Park!
Additional highlights for 2017 include:
- Mets on the road in DC, Philly & Pittsburgh
- Ballpark Nerd Bus Trip to Baltimore for O’s Red Sox
- Taking Griffin to see his favorite player, Corey Seager, and the Dodgers in DC.
- Ballpark 39 with Mike, SunTrust Park in Atlanta
- Adding games to the Family Calendar weeks in advance only to have Rachel say “Did you tell me about that?” two days before a trip.