Ballpark Nerd Rank: 15
Opened: 1973 Capacity: 37,903
Schedule and Promotions
Seating Chart, Ticket Prices & Ballpark Nerd Recommendations
- Dugout Plaza sections 216-234
- Loge Infield sections 305-318
- Hy-vee Box sections 405-430
Getting to the Park
Address: 1 Royal Way, Kansas City, MO 64129
Ballpark Nerd recommends taking Metro Bus Route 47 to Kauffman Stadium which is located in a sea of parking lots. Most fans drive however if you are staying downtown the Bus is the way to go.
- Kauffman Stadium’s best-known feature is the fountain and waterfall display. At 322 feet it is the largest privately funded fountain in the world.
- Crown Vision Scoreboard
- The Royals honor George Brett, Frank White, Dick Howser and Ewing & Muriel Kauffman with statues in the outfield concourse.
- Royals Hall of Fame includes artifacts, photos, documents and videos tracing the team’s history.
- Cheesy Corn Brisket-achos – Nachos topped with sliced brisket
- Stroud’s Chicken & KC BBQ
- Champions Alley Burger – cheese stuffed tempura-battered cheddar bacon burger
For the Kids
- Mascot – Sluggerrr
- Family Fun Day Sundays include postgame Kids run the bases.
- The Royals Outfield Experience includes a Playground, Carousel, Mini Golf, Base Run, Pitching Mound, and Little K for young fans to enjoy.
- Children 32 inches in height and under do not require a ticket. Child ID bracelets are available at Guest Services located behind home plate on the Plaza and View levels.
- Sluggerrr’s Blue Crew features a pullover, cap, necklace and 2 ticket vouchers for $30.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Kansas City Attractions:
- National World War I Museum and Memorial
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- Arabia Steamboat Museum
- Kauffman Stadium
- Kauffman Center for Performing Arts
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Kansas City page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – Negro League Baseball Museum
Road Trip Directions
- 250 miles to Busch Stadium
- 410 miles to Target Field