Ballpark Nerd Rank: 13
Opened: 2003 Capacity: 42,319
- Infield Box sections 113-121 and 127-133
- Mezzanine sections 415-419
- Lower View Level sections 512-534
Getting to the Park
Ballpark Nerd recommends staying downtown and walking to Great American Ballpark. Cincinnati’s Metro bus system serves the area as well.
- A nod to the Reds former home, Crosley Field, a monument was created in front of the main entrance to highlight the park’s left-field terrace. Statues of Crosley-era Reds Joe Nuxhall, Ernie Lombardi, Ted Kluszewski and Frank Robinson are depicted playing a game.
- Reds Hall of Fame is located on the west side of Great American Ball Park and celebrates the Reds’ historic past.
- Adjacent to both Great American and the Reds Hall of Fame is a rose garden that symbolizes Pete Rose’s 4,192 hits.
- Keep an eye out for The Great Eight & The First Nine mosaics upon entering the Ballpark. These 16×10 foot panels honor the Reds Big Red Machine of the 1970s and first professional baseball team, who called the Queen City home in 1869.
- The Power Stacks in right center field, two smokestacks with 7 bats on each, to honor Pete Rose’s jersey number 14, are reminiscent to the steamboats that were common on the Ohio River.
- Skyline Chili Coney, a hot dog topped with chili and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Smokehouse BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich is the choice if your stop by Mr. Red’s Smokehouse near section 139.
- The Reds new Meat Lover’s Dog includes a bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with fried salami, pulled pork, queso blanco and pickles.
For the Kids
- Mascot – Mr. Redlegs
- Reds Heads Kids Club ($30) membership includes a gym bag, shirt, wall banner, two free tickets and access to ballpark experiences throughout the season.
- The Reds Rookies Baby Fan Club ($20) includes a hooded towel, a Gapper pillow pet, picture frame and two tickets to a Reds Rookies game with pregame activities.
- Club Red ($35), for fans 13-17, membership includes a t-shirt, drawstring bag, Bluetooth speaker, four tickets to a Club Red game and $10 gift card.
- Reds Family Sundays offers the opportunity to buy up to three half-price tickets with the purchase of a full-price ticket plus Kids giveaways, face painters and live mascot races.
- Located on the Terrace Level, the Fan Zone features interactive games for kids, a Wiffle ball field, Reds Kids Clubhouse, a playground and rose garden.
- Carnival Games for kids are a new addition to the Fan Zone.
- Children ages 3 and under receive complimentary admission to Great American Ball Park.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Cincinnati Attractions:
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
- Great American Ballpark
- Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum
- Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
- Cincinnati Art Museum
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Cincinnati page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Road Trip Directions