Ballpark Nerd Rank: 6
Opened: 1914 Capacity: 42,495
- Bleachers – seating on first come first serve basis
- Terrace Box sections 205-237
- Upper Deck Box sections 410-430
- Upper Deck Reserved sections 510-530
Getting to the Park
Address: 1060 W Addison St, Chicago, IL 60613
Ballpark Nerd recommends taking the CTA Red Line to the Friendly Confines, it’s the only way to go.
- After exiting the Red Line’s Addison station take a walk through Wrigleyville which includes bars, memorabilia shops and scalpers as far as the eye can see.
- Remember take a picture of the iconic Wrigley Field marquee.
- Cub legends Harry Carey, Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, and Ron Santo are honor with statues outside Wrigley.
- Hand-turned Scoreboard atop the Bleachers is a throwback to simpler times.
- You know what time of year it is by how high and green the ivy is on Wrigley’s brick outfield wall.
- Chicago Dog – white onions, dill pickles, relish on poppy seed bun.
- Gilbert Craft Sausages offers exotic sausage options like the Aloha sausage and Caprese.
- Buffalo Chicken Fries can be purchased at the Decades Dog stand.
For the Kids
- Mascot – Clark the Bear
- Clark’s Crew Membership ($30) includes a backpack, hat, VIP vouchers for exclusive discounts and free admission to special events.
- The Cubs also offer a Newborn Fan Club for the youngest Cub fans. Package includes a Cubs “Rookie of the Year” onesie, beanie cap, birth certificate and personalized Wrigley Field Marque Photo.
- The first 1,000 kids 13 and younger who arrive at Wrigley Field on Kids Sundays get the opportunity to run the bases following the game. On five select Sundays, kids also have the opportunity to receive youth-friendly giveaways.
- Fans age 2 and under are admitted to regular season Cubs games without a ticket.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Chicago-North Shore Attractions:
- Baha’I House of Worship
- Northwestern University
- Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center
- Kohl Children’s Museum
- Space –Music Venue
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Chicago-North Shore page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – Grosse Point Lighthouse
Road Trip Directions