Ballpark Nerd Rank: 24
Opened: 1966 Capacity: 45,957
- Field All-Star sections 107-108 & 128-129
- Club All-Star sections 311-314 & 338-341
- Lower View MVP sections 411-426
Getting to the Park
Ballpark Nerd acknowledges that it’s Southern California and you’re probably going to drive however Angel Stadium is also served by Amtrak and Metrolink as well as Resort Transportation for fans staying at one of the local hotels.
- The Big A, former Ballpark scoreboard, located in the parking lot.
- Big Hats at Entrance were installed during Disney Era of ownership.
- Fake Rock Formation – 100 ft. high geyser, fireworks – made to resemble rocky California coast. Robin Williams called it “miniature golf course on steroids.”
- The 2002 World Series trophy is located outside the Angels Team Store on 100 level.
- An Angels franchise history timeline is located on the 200 level behind home plate.
- Rally Monkey rules, 7th inning or later, Angels trailing with a runner on base and fans have their monkeys out.
- Legends Dog – foot-long frank topped with barbecued brisket.
- Smoke Ring Barbecue – smoked kielbasa, St. Louis ribs, chicken and beef brisket.
- The Big Cheese – grilled cheese variations Section 211
For the Kids
- Mascot – No official mascot, however after the 2002 World Series run the Rally Monkey has taken the mantle as the Angels unofficial mascot.
- Junior Angels Kids Club ($18) includes 4 ticket vouchers, a lunch bag, shirt, necklace, pillowcase and coupon for free one-topping Papa John’s pizza.
- Children under three years of age are not required to have a ticket.
While You’re in Town
Trip Advisors’ Top 5 Orange County Attractions:
- Disneyland Park
- Heisler Park
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Downtown Disney
- Crystal Cove State Park
For a full list of attractions visit Trip Advisors’ Orange County page.
Ballpark Nerd Recommends – Newport Beach
Road Trip Directions